I'm not a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl. I hate it. I hate it even more since that's all I have in my closet.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Monogram

I'm a big bag fan. I'm a bag lady. Ask my friends, I have no shame in telling you that one of my life's dream is having a swimming pool brimming with bags of all sorts. Then I dive in and emerge ala Ariel from Disney's 'The Little Mermaid' and LV's, B-bags, Kellys and Japanese bags would be flying in the air. Craaaaazy.

So naturally, I blame Khan for this post.

He and I were taking about the unfortunate slashing of his mum's bag that happened to be an LV. I grabbed my hair and squealed NOOO. Because having your bag slashed--double points if it's LV or Rafe-- is horrible.

Now I'm window shopping at eLuxury drooling over LV bags because I'm kind of a social-climbing ukay-whore who just needs a bit of monogram in her life. I'm so over Multicolore I think it's kind of tacky.(But if anyone wants to donate/buy me a Multicolore, go ahead. I'm kind and I appreciate gifts! :D Just make sure it's a BIG bag because tiny bags are kind of eh.) I'm loving Perfo though. In fuschia! :D :D Maybe I should get myself a fuschia Perfo wallet? Hmm...

I waaaaant
So cute!

I'm also drooling over a Trouville, the ever classic speedy and the Bucket (I used to think it's really fug, but now I think it's really cute and odd!).

I don't like anything Monogram Denim. It's so pa-chic but I think it's hick and ick. >P

###

My mum hates anything monogram. She says it reminds her of the bad 80's. The eighties I hate as well. She thinks they're ridiculous, tacky and just BAD. I try to convince her that it's all getting better with more interesting bag structure and treatment. She still says its ugly.

It's amusing to see one of the best designers of all time, Vivienne Westwood, take a sweet fresh and rather mocking spin to monogram.



###

Monogram anything has this tita/matronly feel to it. It's as if it's a big "HAH!" to everyone who told her she can never be rich. Baka nga yun yung appeal ng monogram bag sakin. Because I want to be rich. Pero I'll never pull a Gretchen. Please.